Skip to content
The violence in Kazakhstan has left 225 dead, according to the latest report from the authorities – RT in French

The violent unrest in Kazakhstan, which followed demonstrations against rising energy prices, left 225 dead, including 19 law enforcement and military personnel, according to an official report on January 15.

“During the state of emergency, the bodies of 225 people were admitted to morgues,” Serik Shalabaïev, a representative of the Prosecutor General, told the press on January 15 about the violence that shook Kazakhstan in early January. following protests against rising energy prices. 19 of these bodies were those of law enforcement and military personnel, according to Serik Сhalabayev, while others were those of civilians « victims of terrorist acts » and « armed bandits who participated in attacks terrorists ».

Separately, Health Ministry spokeswoman Assel Artakchinova said more than 2,600 people had been hospitalized, with 67 currently in serious condition.

About the perpetrators of this violence, Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev had denounced an “attempted coup” led by “armed fighters”, some of whom came from abroad. He specified that « terrorist » forces made up of « Islamists », « criminals », « thugs » and « small strikes », had tried to take advantage of the mobilization against the rise in the price of gas in an attempt to overthrow the government.

At the call of Kazakhstan, peacekeeping troops from the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO, bringing together, in addition to Kazakhstan, Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan) intervened in the country in support of the authorities. These forces began to gradually withdraw from 13 January.

Toutes les actualités du site n'expriment pas le point de vue du site, mais nous transmettons cette actualité automatiquement et la traduisons grâce à une technologie programmatique sur le site et non à partir d'un éditeur humain.